Friday, February 12, 2010

whoami

Well, I'm this guy. I live somewhere in the U.S. of A. I came to this country hoping that my brilliance would be rewarded.

Has it? Kinda.

I don't like my job.

I don't make enough money.

I can't speak my mind.

Instead, I rant here anonymously. Now, I completely understand that this is my own failure and my perception of my job is my fault. Lesson is: be wary of what you sign. In my land, I was a king of education and a brilliant innovator. My greed led me to America and into business; greed is my downfall. In this new land, I'm just a cog in a machine. I'm a 10x programmer getting 1x compensation. Since I can't win, my solution is to work closer to 1.5x and leave the other 8.5x to the open source world.

I am being careful as to what I say so as to not give clues to who I am. Fortunately, the Internet is a big place and I just need to bite my tongue enough and neither mention names, products, or technologies.

Sadly, I can't share my thoughts or code with my immediate company friends since they talk to each other and chatter spreads. So, I'm alone in this venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment